Improve your lung function and improve your life.
In 2010, Emma was invited by UK Sport to help Olympic athletes improve their performance in the run up to the 2012 Olympic Games. She developed a programme using techniques from freediving, yoga, and the Buteyko method and started working with an Olympic cyclist. After six weeks of taking Emma’s programme, the full time athlete gained a 10 percent improvement in her lung function and her Olympic cycle was brought forward by four years. Since then, over the last decade, Emma has rolled her programme out to Olympic and Paralympic swimmers with great success. Now she shares her knowledge and expertise with twice weekly classes designed to be accessible to everyone, no matter their health, age or fitness.
- A freediver wanting to improve apnea performance
- An elite athlete looking for an edge over the competition
- A sports enthusiast training for an event or looking to improve their pb
- A triathlete wanting to improve breathing across all disciplines
- Someone with breathing issues such as COPD, asthma or allergies who is looking for safe, natural and effective ways to improve their breathing
- Someone interested in learning more about their breath and just what their body is capable of
Regular attendance of the Breathing Optimisation Classes will:
- Improve your lung function
- Increase the flexibility of your rib cage and diaphragm
- Increase your Vital Capacity
- Decrease your Residual Volume
- Improve your tolerance to carbon dioxide
- Improve your bodies utilisation of oxygen
- Increase breath hold capacity
- Build your confidence
4 Session Pass
8 Session Pass
16 Session Pass
Whether you’re wanting more out of water training opportunities, an elite athlete looking for ‘marginal gains’, someone who doesn’t feel they’ve ever breathed correctly, or someone recovering from a lung infection, Emma’s Breathing Optimisation classes will increase your lung function, improve your flexibility, build your confidence, and enhance your bodies ability to utilise oxygen.
The Breathing Optimisation classes are live online and run twice a week on a Tuesday evening and a Thursday lunchtime. We also have one hour classes running once a month. You can attend classes once or twice a week and each class is slightly different. To see the most benefit, we recommend a minimum of two classes a week for six weeks or one class a week for twelve weeks.
If you can’t make a class then a recording will be made available to you.
Our regular attendees have seen huge improvements in their performance, ability and confidence. Check out the testimonials at the bottom of this page to find out what our students think of the classes!
Course prices and info
If you are not able to make a session, let us know and we can send you the recording instead.
£10 Taster Session
£28 4 session pass
£55 8 session pass
£110 16 session pass
£12 per 1 hour session
HOW TO BOOK AND PAY:
You can either pay your course by bank transfer using the details below, or just click and buy your preferred session pass online on this page.
Tuesdays – 6.30 – 7 pm – £7
Thursdays – 12 – 12.30 pm – £7
Check the dates via social media, our newsletter or in the drop down options on our payment page